Friday 5 August 2016

Ex-Rangers FC & Gor Mahia, Felix Nwosu plans to achieve Success in Somalia as Coach (Exclusive Interview)



Coach thanks a lot for giving us your time. Let’s start by congratulating you on your recent appointment as the new coach of Heegan FC in Somalia
What is your full name?
Thank You, My name is Felix Ifeanyi Nwosu
How did you get to be picked as the coach of Somalian club Heegan FC?
Actually I was picked on recommendation by someone who have watched my training programmes and matches for long time without me knowing he has such a strong connection.. It was the Lord's doing
because there are other other experienced coaches locally and regionally who wanted the job... But after an interview, the management settled on me
Why must it be a War-ridden country like Somalia? What convinced and influenced your decision?
Hehehehe (laughs), Somali is not war ridden.. There is war of terror worldwide, even in my own country, there is no peace. I wanted a new challenge and experience, and also to boost my coaching CV. Because when you mention Nigerian coaches who have coached abroad, you mention, Keshi of the blessed memory, many others, Sunday Oliseh and if you fail to mention Felix Nwosu, then you must be a serious enemy. (laughs)
Tell us more on the environment, food, the indigene and communication with your players and club fans.
Somali is not all bad as painted by the outside media.. It's just like every other Africa nation. The people are receptive and social..Talk of food, they have good restaurants that serves continental dishes, so not that bad... Am still having issues with communication because major language is Somalia and Arabic, English is like third language here... I have some graduate players in my team who helps to translate to others the information I pass during training... Am also learning the Somalia language.. Fans of Heegan and Somali are awesome and appreciative.
Tell us your plans for the team ahead of the season (when is the Somalian League starting). How can you rate the strength of each department of the team, defence, midfield and attack. 
The league 2016/2017 league season is starting December, but we have a league cup tournament that kicks off in October till November... So we started early preseason to get the players physically, psychologically and mentally ready for the task ahead. Heegan finished 4th last season, and my mandate is to improve the team at least to end in a respectable position... I have issues in my defence which we re working seriously on fixing... And attack as well... So we intend to rope in three more foreign players to beef up each department...
Okay, Your best foreign player and club
My best foreign players are CR7 of Real Madrid and John Terry of Chelsea.. I like players who go out of their primary role to do something else when the team is in tight position...
My best foreign club is Heegan FC
Your best Nigerian player and club
Best Nigerian player and club... I know this will surprise you, but you will know my reasons very soon... Nduka Eze, Captain of Enyimba Feeders, and Chisom Egbuchulam of Rangers International.
What was the worst moment of your career as a Footballer?
Worst football moment is 2012/2013...when I was dropped at Gor Mahia FC... I felt bad cos I was denied a chance. And at FC Talanta when I picked a knee injury that ended my playing career..
 Which team (club or country) would you like to coach in the nearest future?
I wish that one day, I will coach Rangers International FC, Gor Mahia FC, Nigeria national team, Somalia national team and probably first black to coach Chelsea (it's possible)
Your advice to aspiring and young Footballers especially in Nigeria and message to your Fans.
My advice to my fans is that am accessible online... If u see any negative news about me, u contact me and don't jump into conclusion.. Keep supporting me with your prayers because that's the only thing I need from you. Whatever I am today is not because am proud, it's because am humble, so why will I become proud now? It means I wanna remain where I am now, so I remain ur humble and funny friend... As for the young aspiring players, my advice is that you try get at least a high school education certificate, football and education goes hand in hand nowadays. Don't just go to training in the morning and come back home and while away the remaining 21hrs doing nothing.. Get yourself engaged on other things as u play and wait for opportunities... Save because opportunity may come but because of finance, you will miss it. Be careful when you deal with people who parade themselves as agents especially on Facebook.. There is lots of fake out there, don't get coned. Work hard in every training and matches because you never know who is watching you.. Pray hard and obey your parents as well.
Thank you for your time coach and we wish all the best.
Thank you too.



1 comment:

  1. Why the emphasis on the possibility of coaching Chelsea? You sha funny die. Lest I forget interesting piece. You no fit loose your umour

    ReplyDelete

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES