Wednesday 22 April 2015

Ihezuo, Ayila Dream Canada 2015


Super Falcons’ duo of Chiwendu Ihezuo and Loveth Ayila are looking forward to returning to Canada and playing in the final of the senior women’s World Cup.
Both players, who were part of the silver-winning U-20 team that narrowly lost 1-0 to Germany at the last World Cup in Canada, say if selected for the World Cup in
June, would give their best to see the nation soar in Canada.
"I am looking forward to Canada; I want to put in my best to be among the selected players and promise to give my best and score goals for the team. I am expecting we get to the final because the fans did very well for us when we where there for the U-20 World Cup. They cheered us all the way so I believe when Falcons get there, the fans will accept them too" Ihezuo stated.
On her part, Ayila said going to Canada again with Super Falcons will be a great experience because the team is more experienced than that of the U-20 players.

"I am impressed with this team because the calibre of players in the Super Falcons is bigger than what we had at U-20. I believe with their support I can score more than one goal like I did at the U-20 level. I believe we can get to the final because of the calibre of players we have here in the team. This is the senior team, not the U-20 so I believe the feat of the U-20 team will be surpassed by the Super Falcons "she concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES