Sunday 12 April 2015

At Last: Isa relieved to score first goal in Ukraine this year


Nigeria midfielder Sherif Isa is relieved to score his first goal in over five months for Ukrainian club Olimpik Donetsk.
The ex-Nigeria U20 midfielder hit target in Saturday’s 4-2 loss at Metalurg Donetsk. Olimpik Donetsk are ninth on the league table with 22 points from 19 games, while Metalurg are
eighth on the table with same points, but superior goal difference.

"This is my second goal of the season. I feel great and happy to score despite the fact that we lost the game,” he said.
“I have been working hard to get goals since my last one was last year. I am happy that I have got my confidence back as regards scoring goals.


 "I love scoring goals and that has put me under pressure when the goals were not coming. But good enough my club president and coach were not pressuring me because they know I am not a striker and so they kept encouraging me that I am doing well for the team and that the goals will come."
Before Saturday’s goal, Isa’s last goal was way back on October 18, 2014, when his club drew 2-2 at Metalurh Zaporah.
He scored eight goals last season to help his team gain promotion to the top flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES