Thursday 12 March 2015

Sad'eeq off to a flyer at Gent


KAA Gent new-signing Sad'eeq Yusuf Ahmat made an impressive debut in a friendly match against FCV Dender just one week after joining the Belgium Jupiler League club.
The away game which featured several Gent first-team players was played on Tuesday evening at
the Van Roysadion in the city of Denderleeuw.
Respected Belgium football website, voetbalprimeur.be, reported "Gent win their first friendly match with large numbers thanks to the new ‘Pogba' Sad’eeq Yusuf.
"KAA Gent started newcomer Sad'eeq Yusuf and he immediately repaid the coaches for the trust. The Nigerian quickly put quick footwork and assisted the first goal after just nine minutes into the game."
The teenager capped a fine a day in the office with another assist as KAA Gent cruised to a four-nil win.
The midfielder expressed happiness with his debut and wants to keep the work going to improve himself.
"I'm happy that I made my debut and I will continue working very hard to improve as a player," he said.
Sad'eeq also had words to say on joining De Buffalos and believes the atmosphere at the club will only make him "better and better" as a player.
He is also relishing the presence of Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon who has settled in at the club since his switch from AS Trencin.
“I'm very happy here in Gent, the training facilities are fantastic and everyone has been very nice to me. I feel at home especially with my brother Moses Simon close to me. The training here is amazing therefore I will get better and better and by God's grace I will repay my coaches for the opportunity they have given me," said the talented Nigerian midfielder.
Sad'eeq signed a two-year contract with an option of another year about a week ago.
The 18-year-old midfielder has been described as "an asset for next season" by KAA Gent.
Gent surprisingly beat a handful of Europe's big guns like Ajax, Liverpool and Juventus to land the Nigerian GBS Academy midfield sensation, whose style of play is likened to Frenchman Paul Pogba.
English football agent, Tony Harris, brokered the deal for Sad'eeq to join KAA Gent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES