Tuesday 10 March 2015

Nigeria National League (NNL): Biffo ready for Tornadoes challenge


Newly appointed Niger Tornadoes head coach, Abdullahi Biffo says he is delighted to be back in management and in the saddle at the Minna-based side.
Biffo, who has handled Kogi United and Giwa FC, picked up his appointment letter on Tuesday and has promised to do his best to get the team back to the Glo Premier League.
The Nigeria National League (NNL) side, Niger Tornadoes dispensed off the services of Godwin Uwua after the team failed to qualify for the Premier League last season and Biffo has been given
the mandate to get the team into the elite league.
"Yes, it's true I have been appointed to head Niger Tornadoes of Minna this season," Biffo told supersport.com in Minna.
"Basically my track record spoke for me and I've had the experience of gaining promotion from the NNL to the Premier League.
"I'll resume officially today (Tuesday) and get down to work with the team. It won't be easy but I promise to give it my best shot.
"I want to thank the management of the team for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to head the side.
"The NNL is a tough terrain, but I'm already experienced in that regard. I'll meet the players and then we take it from there."
The former Giwa FC coach also called on fans of the club to get behind their team as they attempt to get back to the Glo Premier League after their relegation in the 2012 season.
"I'm here to serve the club but the truth is I cannot do it alone," Biffo said.
"The truth is I cannot do it alone. We need everyone to come together. The management, the players and the fans all have to be in harmony.
"I don't mind the fans telling me what they see from their own point of view and making suggestions, but it must be done in a civilized manner so that we can forge ahead.
"I'm looking forward to the adventure and I hope by the end of the season, we will all have cause to smile."
Niger Tornadoes finished last season in third place in Group B of the NNL log with 50 points from 30 matches, narrowly missing promotion to the Glo Premier League.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES