Saturday 7 March 2015

Gbolahan Salami reveals; Red Star Belgrade too broke to pay his wages


Super Eagles attacker, Gbolahan Salami has revealed that the Serbian side, Red Star Belgrade have issues playing their players.

Salami, who left the Super Eagles camp in Dubai in January to seek fresh challenge at the Serbian league returned to his former club, Warri Wolves because the club could not meet his wage demands

.

According to the former Shooting Stars striker, the Serbian side is broke.

"The reason I return is because of the issue of Money. I think the club have the issue of paying players’ wages.

"Why would anyone expect me to be happy playing for a European club without earning something,I’m a National team player and that also matters.

Gbolahan also disclosed he would be willing to start over again with Wolves to give himself another shot at securing a deal abroad.

"I returned to my club because I couldn't endeavor the situation. Am starting over again with my club [ Warri Wolves] to see if perhaps something good will come of it.”

The goal poacher netted 16 league goals for the Warri-based club to help them secure a CAF Confederation Cup ticket as the Wolves finished in 3rd place on the NPFL log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES