Friday 27 February 2015

Lagos ITTF Tour: Oshonaike targets first world title


Veteran, Funke Oshonaike, has said that she is confident of claiming the International Table Tennis Federation World Tour tagged Lagos Open title.
Oshonaike made the last four in 2013 but she was knocked out in the quarterfinal in 2014. However, the former African champion is determined to lead Nigeria team to revenge
against the visiting Egyptians when the tournament serves off on March 10 at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.
She said: “I know that by God’s grace if I play well without stress, nothing than the gold but Nigerian factor is always affecting me. Above all I want to have a wonderful time.
I know I can still do well and I am looking forward to revenge against the Egyptians. “I don’t want to disappoint my fans and I am confidence that Nigerian players will defeat all the Egyptians.

They (Egyptians) must also realise that they have a lot of players to contend with in Nigeria just like we were dealt with in Cairo recently.” She also expressed optimism that ITTF Star Player, Aruna Quadri, would be ready to rub shoulders with the North African warlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES