Thursday 26 February 2015

African Junior Championship Ethiopia: Abolaji sets target in 100m


One of the youngest athletes in the Sagamu camp of the Team Nigeria preparing for the African Junior Championship in Ethiopia, Omotayo Abolaji, has said she is targeting 11.5secs finish in the women’s 100m.
Speaking with our correspondent in Sagamu on Wednesday, Abolaji said she had been training hard to achieve her goal.
“During the World Junior Championship in the USA before the Commonwealth Games, I failed to win a medal but this time around I have learnt a lot and I am looking forward to winning the gold medal in Ethiopia,” she said.
“I have been exposed to some of the best coaches in the country since I came into camp, and I am raring to go in Ethiopia.”
Abolaji who finished secondary school in 2014 however said she would be concentrating on her studies immediately she returns from Ethiopia as she intends to sit for JAMB this year.
She missed admission last year due to the Africa Youth Championship in Botswana where she represented Nigeria in the 100m. Abolaji said: “In as much as I want to excel in my chosen career as an athlete, I need to concentrate on my studies too and achieve something with my life as an individual.

“I missed my JAMB last year because I was in Botswana, but I want to sit for the exams this year and hopefully gain admission into the university at the end of the year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES