Monday 19 January 2015

Next Goal Machine: First Eagles goal delights Udoh

Nigeria Professional Football League record top scorer, Mfon Udoh, is glad to have finally scored his first goal for the national team after three games.

The Enyimba International of Aba star netted the first goal in the 2-0 friendly win over Yemeni national team in Abu-Dhabi on Saturday. Speaking with our correspondent from the Super Eagles base in Dubai, the player said it was a great relief for him to finally score his first goal for the national team.
“People tend to underrate playing against Yemen, but finally scoring my first goal for the national team is a big relief for me as a player. “I have been putting in my best while playing for the national team, I hit the crossbar in the friendly game against Ghana in Uyo, played very well against the Elephant of Cote d’Ivoire and now I have scored my first goal, I am happy,” the striker said.

He however promised to continue to give his best whenever he has the opportunity to represent the country in future matches. On where he will be playing his club football in the new season, the player said he was currently concentrating on national team assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES