Wednesday 24 December 2014

Effiom confident ahead of All Africa Games

Effiom targets All Africa Games glory

Janet Effiom has said her victory at the just concluded Nigeria Table Tennis Federation President’s Cup will propel her to success at next year’s All Africa Games slated to hold in Brazzaville, Congo. The player emerged champion in the women’s category of the year-ending competition after defeating the more illustrious Portugal-based Atinuke Olaide.
And in an interview with our correspondent the player said that she was happy to have won the tournament and was looking forward to helping the country win at the All Africa Games.
“I am happy to have won this tournament because it was tough for us. I am so happy to have ended the year with this victory because it will help me next year. We have some tournaments in 2015 both locally and internationally including the All Africa Games and I hope this will serve as the tonic for me to do well.

“I have been part of the Nigerian team for some time now, I was at the Commonwealth Games and although I did not win anything in the women’s category, the All Africa Games will be better. I will work hard to achieve something great,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES